Monday, July 12, 2010

Military Monday….a farewell and a hello!

I am going to miss Nikki.  Next week there is a change of command happening….  Nikki’s husband Cory, Jason’s current Commanding Officer, is being moved to a different “company” and a new Commanding Officer is coming in….I don’t do well with some change.  But what this change means for me is a new FRG (Family Readiness Group) leader.  I am sure that JoAnn and I will get along well.  I am just sad that I wont be able to finish out my time at Ft. Stewart with Nikki as my partner in crime. 

Anyway…..so a few weeks ago we had a meeting to welcome JoAnn, and say goodbye and THANK YOU to Nikki.  Nikki has done a phenomenal job pulling all us crazy wives together and into a cohesive group.  She will be greatly missed. 

So, as co-leader of the group I thought it was only appropriate to acknowledge the occasion with cookies!  LOL

Here are my Thank You and Welcome cookies for Nikki & JoAnn.

cookies 028 cookies 032 cookies 034 cookies 037

Thank you Ladies for all your hard work.

2 comments:

Team Wallace said...

I will miss having you as my Co Leader - but we will still be in Georgia for another 10 months! Thanks for the super sweet post, you have been great during these last 18 months and are most definitely the reason I have been able to keep (somewhat) sane. BTW - the cookies were delicious!!!

Unknown said...

These cookies look amazing. A great send-off!