Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Great Friends

I want to take a moment to talk about great friends. I have been blessed with many great friends in my life.
One of those great friends, Janine, was kind enough to put us up for our visit up north. We had talked about staying in a hotel, but then there would be no night time visits. Just me and the boys, so I would have to head back to the hotel with them around 8 and then what? So we crashed in the basement of Janine's house. I was a little worried about how it would all work, but was pleasantly surprise that everyone slept really well. It was great. Aiden crashed in his pack'n'play, and Jakob and I slept on the air mattress. The kiddos played well together, they napped well, and all ate well. Which is good news, since Jakob really never ate when visiting their house!

This visit came at a stressful time for my dear friend. Her wonderful mother has been diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer. So sad. So another reason we were thinking hotel was that J9 had so much on her mind. I am hoping that having us there was a bit of a distraction. Right now they are going for a second opinion and looking into getting a third from Sloan Kettering in NY. I am not one for praying or requesting people pray, but I am now doing just that. I love this woman, my kids call her Meme. She is a fighter, she will fight this, she has faith that she will. And so I have faith in her. In her fight. And that is why I pray today. I pray to whomever is out there to guide her through this and give her the strength to fight this. This family needs her.

And I also want to pay homage to my other awesome friends in CT. Thank you for coming to the playgroups that were organized while I visited, and thanks to those for hosting. And a shout out to those that made it out for a "beverage", too bad the service and availability of food/drink sucked!!! Better luck next time. And the next time is scheduled to happen in July. Details to follow!

Love Big, Bake Often
Tania

No comments: