Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome to 2010…..

 

Where did the time go?  I am so glad that 2009 is over…it was not my best year.  I don’t want to get into all the things that went wrong this year, so lets just say that they were rough and move on!

2010 is going to be a better year….and I feel strange saying that considering Jason will be gone for most of it.  He should be back for good in October, and home for a couple of weeks at the end of March.  But even though he wont be here on a daily basis I am determined to make it a better year.  To focus on my family, what is important, rebuilding our marriage, maintain and mend some friendships, reconnect with family, and starting taking better care of myself.   Sounds pretty simple right?  I am not sure about that, but I do know that I am going to do the best I can.
For starters I have signed up to participate in 10 in 10….a great blogging event put together by the awesome Lori, of Recipe Girl.  She and some of the other gals I adore came up with this blogging group – a support group for all of us with similar goals of getting healthy this year….10 weeks in 2010… check it out, sign up, participate and join us.  It’s going to be fun.

As part of my changes in 2010 I am including my parenting techniques….I need to find something that works.  Jakob is totally out of control. He and I are not getting along very well, he is hitting his little brother, talking back, being uber disrespectful….you name it – it is an issue these days!  I am hoping it is a phase that we can work through together, but it is pushing my buttons and I am not handling things very well.  I am acknowledging it, but stumped as to how to fix it. 

So that is where we are on this first day of 2010….plans, goals, hopes, dreams, and hopefully a successful blogging year.  Thank you to all my followers, and for understanding that there were constant lapses in the past, and hoping there will be less of them this year.  The key is to not get bogged down or feeling overwhelmed….this year is all about simplifying.

Hope you all have your goals and dreams for 2010 set…would love to hear what they are…leave me a comment would ya?

Take Care,
Tania
Love Big, Bake Often

4 comments:

Aimée said...

Good, honorable resolutions. Cheers to you for such a good attitude about your hubby being away.
Keep your chin up, girl, you're not the only mama getting tested by her little boy!!

Happy New Year!
xox

Bethie said...

Hang in there darlin'. I am sure 2010 will be a better year for all. You are obviously a very strong woman. Happy New Year!!


PS-you got all of us blogging, tweeting strangers to vent on when ya need it! :)

Unknown said...

I love all your goals for the new year. I know you will be successful. One day at a time is the way to make lasting changes. Best of luck and happy new year!

Maria said...

Happy New Year! I hope this year is a great one for you and your family.