Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Lazy TWD….

 

I think the Tarte Fine is a perfect Lazy TWD dessert.  It is so simple to put together, quick to bake, and tastes really good.  And if it wasn’t easy enough….I got lazy with it.  Which I shouldn’t have, because now I have chunks of apricot jam in my glaze that you can see in pictures….and undercooked puff pastry.  And there is nothing worse than undercooked puff pastry, it’s chewy and a little gross.  I got lazy.  I wanted to glaze it and eat it.  So when I saw the edges of this simple, easy tarte getting browned I pulled it!  I should have foiled the edges like Dorie told me too and let it bake longer.

So even though my pictures are spotted with bits of apricot, and my puff pastry is a little chewy, I think it looks good, and the edges are really good!!

Tarte Fine 003

I, of course, added a little caramel sauce!  I think it really goes with everything! 

Enjoy!

And be sure to go and check out all the other TWD creations of the Tarte Fine!

4 comments:

slush said...

Looks fine to me and considerably like the twin of mine, except I didnt even bother with the glaze! Thanks for keeping me on track today. xo

Di said...

Caramel sounds like an excellent addition!

Unknown said...

But it's still puff pastry and apples! Which is always a winning combination :)

Leslie said...

If mine looked this good, I would have been tempted to pull it out of the oven, too! Caramel is always a great addition to apples and puff pastry. Thanks for baking with me this week!