Friday, October 1, 2010

12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies

 

This year I decided to participate in….

12days

Friends have put together the group, and since I am always looking for new and fantastic Christmas cookies to try and add to my array of goodies, it was a no brainer to join them.

I was SO looking forward to having a really good first cookie for this event.  I had it picked out over a week ago.  But being the procrastinator that I am I waited until this afternoon to bake them.  I know, I know….you would think that I had learned my lesson by now, but apparently not.

I found this recipe in this years “Better Home and Gardens Christmas Cookies” magazine. They were suppose to be Soft Maple Sugar Cookies, with a maple glaze.  I had looked at the recipe, and thought I could just swap out the 1/2 cup of shortening, for another 1/2 cup of butter.  Maybe that was be problem I made.  But the dough was SO soft that there was no way I could roll it into balls….and even after chilling the dough for two hours it was still too soft to do so.  I used my cookie scoop to drop nice formed globes onto my cookie sheet and hoped for the best.  NOPE.  Did NOT turn out.  Too soft, falling apart.  I didn’t even bake all the dough.  Made me sad.  I had high hopes for some yummy maple cookies.  Fall and Christmas rolled into one cookie.

Look at how sad these look….

gourges 016

I promise to not wait til the last minute to make next weeks cookies so that I have something spectacular to see!

Sorry!!

2 comments:

April said...

I have this same book, I buy them every year and have every one of them from the past 15 years! It's a bit of an obsession, I do believe. I am sure these still tasted great, sorry they didn't turn out for you, but I can't wait for next weeks!

Unknown said...

Oh no. Maybe you could add a bit more flour??