Friday, October 1, 2010

French Fridays With Dorie

 

Yes, another blogging/baking & cooking group! 

I LOVE DORIE GREENSPAN.  She has helped me learn more about baking in the past year than I thought possible.  I adore her recipes.  There are few that I have not just LOVED.  When I heard that she had a new book coming out I could not wait to get it.  I was VERY excited to find out that it was being released early.  Then, I was even MORE excited to find out that my amazing friend, Laurie, was going to be heading up a new blogging group to cook their way through the new book, Around My French Table.

The first month’s recipes were chosen by Dorie herself.  This weeks recipe is the “Goureges”….a yummy, light, and delicious cheesey puffs of air.  They are simple to make, quick to make, and didn’t last long!  Aiden wasn’t sure about them….but Jakob inhaled one after another!

Look at these….don’t you just want to jump through the screen and eat one?

gourges 006 gourges 007 gourges 009

I put the Goureges “batter” into a pastry bag and used a large star tip to “pipe” them onto the silpat!  Can you tell???

Now….go to the new website and see all the amazing people that are participating in this new group….last I heard there were about 500 people signed up!!

 

9 comments:

Cristine said...

Ooooh.... I love that you used a star tip! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Ok, now you've convinced me to try the pastry bag. I think they look super fancy. Awesome job! Angie

Unknown said...

They look perfect. Simply perfect.
I must try the star tip next time.
Wonderful work!!!

TeaLady said...

Oh, I love how you formed tem with a star tip. They are beautiful.

Dorie said...

Great-looking! I love the way the star-tipped made them wavy. It's hard for something that puffs to keep an edge, but these turned out with a very sweet look. Bravo!

Di said...

The star tip made them look really cool! I usually pipe pate a choux, but I've only used round tips, never a star. Something to try next time!

Team Wallace said...

Those look soooo good!!! I may have to join this blogging/cooking adventure.

Pamela said...

Look at those stunners! I can definitely tell you piped them. Nice job!

Lisa said...

Those gougeres look amazing. Can't believe that a pastry bag can do that.