Saturday, February 7, 2009

You Want Pies With That?? Submission!

I haven't gotten the confirmation that I can actually compete in this months "You Want Pies With That" Literary Pie competition....but I am hoping I will. Therefore, I present to you...Charlie's Ultimate Chocolate Pie. I knew that I wanted to do something chocolate, and I knew it would be from a children's book. So I chose Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Mary, from The Food Librarian chose this months theme - check out her pie here.
My Chocolate "Pie" starts with a decadent chocolate crust, then a layer of rich super dark chocolate ganache, then a thin layer of white chocolate ganache, and topped off with a milk chocolate pastry cream. Chocolate OVERLOAD!!!
Here is the chocolate crust with its first layer of ganache....
And now the white chocolate ganache....

And the milk chocolate pastry cream (which was alot runnier than I expected...maybe missed something??)



Can you see the layers??



It ended up being quite messy to eat, but OMG was it ever delicious!!! Had a LARGE glass of milk to go along with it - perfect match!
Be sure to stop by the other bakers and see what they have created for this awesome theme.
Take care,
Tania
Love Big, Bake Often





11 comments:

SweetThingsTO said...

I'm salivating all over my keyboard.... :-)

BRH said...

YUM! Send some up here ASAP! :)

Sara said...

This looks beautiful, I'm sure it tastes as good as it looks!

Carrie said...

Charlie and the chocolate factory... why didn't I think of that! Great idea! You pie looks like a chocolate dream come true! Way to go!

suz said...

There is no such thing as chocolate overload :)
Fantastic

Jacque said...

I think Willie Wonka would definitely approve! It sounds positively decadent.

Jen H said...

I'm all for any kind of chocolate overload! Great job!

Natalie said...

looks delicious! i'm sure Willy Wonka would be eating it up!

NKP said...

Definitely a Wonka confection! I love Roald Dahl too.

Tammy said...

that is one of my favourite books. the pie looks so yummy!

The Food Librarian said...

Charlie would be proud of this one! Looks great! Thanks so much for baking along with me this month! - mary the food librarian