Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Monkey Monday….err….Tuesday

I totally meant to post this yesterday….oops.

After a brutal parenting week with the boys, we decided to put it all aside and try to have a wonderful day out together at the Jacksonville Zoo.  I told Jakob and Aiden in the car that I was going to try to not raise my voice (a.k.a yell) if they would try to not spend the whole day whining.  They both agreed, so we had a plan.  The whole family was on board for having a great day out.

I love the zoo.  I can remember going when I was young, seeing all the animals.  And the Jacksonville Zoo is beautiful.  We had a blast.  The carousel was fun, Aiden wouldn’t get on anything so Daddy held him.  Jakob grinned from ear to ear.  Aiden’s pleasure came from the train ride….there is a train that goes around the whole zoo – the boy loves his trains.   They also got to feed the giraffes.  SO cool.

DSCF6058

DSCF6063

They look like they are having fun right?

DSCF6113

And this is my favourite picture.  It is very rare that I am in the pictures….isn’t that always the way for Mamas??  So this outing I gave the camera to Jason half way through and told him to make sure there were some pics of me and my favourite boys.  And this is what was taken…..we look pretty good.

DSCF6166

It was a great day.  One that reminds me of how amazing these boys are, and how quickly they are growing up.  Time to not let the everyday get in the way of appreciating them.

Hope you all had as wonderful weekend….what kind of trouble did you get into?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The zoo is my all-time favorite place in the world!!! I could spend hours and hours in the zoo.

Katy said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun!! :)