Monday, April 4, 2011

Monkey Monday

I wanted to post Jakob’s birthday cake.  He LOVED it.  I always ask the boys what kind of cake they want for their birthday, and then do my best to make it just they way they want.  In December, Aiden asked for a PURPLE cake.  He didn’t care what flavor, shape, etc….he just wanted a purple cake.  LOL  Too funny.

Jakob was VERY specific this year about what he wanted.  Chocolate Layer cake, filled with strawberries, and white vanilla frosting.   Easy. 

So I used this recipe from Hershey’s.  It is super easy, and SO chocolaty and moist with a beautiful crumb.

He didn’t want frosting in the middle so I just “marinated” some sliced strawberries with some vanilla sugar for an hour or so and then put them in-between the two layers.

For his white vanilla frosting I did a vanilla buttercream.   And used an ENTIRE vanilla bean. (I get my vanilla beans HERE, but that is a whole other post).

It was IN-credible.  He loved it.  Just look at the smile on this face.

iphone april 045

Happy Birthday Buddy….I hope you had a wonderful day and a delicious cake!

Love,
Mama

2 comments:

Bethie said...

Ah man, I want a slice!

Unknown said...

Yuuuuuummmyyy!! Do you have any left? Will it mail well? Happy Birthday, Jakob! :0)