Tuesday, June 9, 2009

No slacking here this week!

I apologize for the lack of blogging. Have had my head in a funk and am trying really hard to pull myself together. So you will understand when I say that I was very thankful that this weeks Tuesday with Dorie's recipe had so few ingredients and was so simple to put together. These Parisian Apple Tarts were so easy to make. Once I made my own puff pastry that is!! I had checked out the P&Q and the recipe and saw that a full butter puff pastry was recommended, and that the brand of puff pastry that Dorie recommended was hard to find and expensive. So I checked the recipe in "Art & Soul of Baking" and saw that their puff pastry recipe was fairly easy....even if I was intimidated by it! So I jumped in with two feet and made a 1/2 batch of pastry. It was pretty easy....lots of steps...and totally worth it!

And with Dorie's recipe basically cutting up an apple, cutting a circle of pastry, put apple on pastry, sprinkle with butter and brown sugar and bake, how could I go wrong?? And I didn't. It turned out great. My homemade pastry puffed like it was suppose to! They are so simple, and so delicious. I really wanted to make some caramel sauce to put on top of them, but I didn't have any heavy cream in the fridge to make some. :( Next time for sure!

Look at them....they are so yummy looking....and look at that puff!



Be sure to check out the other wonderful bakers on the TWD Blogroll, here!
I am looking forward to posting all the goodies I have been busy baking as I hibernate in my AC - it is so freakin' hot here already!!
Take Care,
Tania
Love Big, Bake Often

7 comments:

April said...

I am envious of you for making your own puff pastry!! Good for you! It looks great!

Jamie said...

Sorry to hear that you are in a funk. I'm sure baking helps! Your own puff pastry? Is phyllo next?!!

Rachelle S said...

Your puff pastry looks great!! I made my own also, but had some issues. lol

PheMom said...

I think it looks great! I really love all the lovely powdered sugar on top!

Di said...

Isn't it so cool that the puff pastry worked? =) I wish I'd thought to slice my apples like yours, though. Maybe then they would have cooked through in a reasonable amount of time.

TeaLady said...

Those look fantastic. And you made your own pasty. Good for you. I came THIS close but just didn't have the time.

If TWD doesn't get you out the funk, nothing will.....

CB said...

You made your own puff pastry? DANG girl! You're hardcore. Do you have the puff pastry recipe you use? I'd love to try! Love the sprinkle of powder sugar. PS-Sorry you're in a funk. I get into funks too. It happens to the best of us. {{hugs}}
/Clara