Sunday, August 2, 2009

August's Pre-Made Our Way...Soft Pretzels


I hopped on board for this month's Pre-Made Our Way hosted by the lovely Natalie of Oven Love. It is a great challenge....taking something you usually buy and make it yourself. I have made the PopTarts she had in one of her previous challenges so many times that I know the recipe by heart!! This month's challenge was Soft Pretzels. I have never made them before, and lately have been feeling like a Yeast Failure! But I rocked it! They turned out great! And the best part about making these......Jakob loved them! He has been a super picky monster these days so I was very happy to have made something that he would not only eat - but devour!
I could use some practice rolling the dough and braiding them into the perfect pretzel shape but I think for a first attempt that they are perfect!!

My different braiding techniques! LOL



The finished products....



Natalie has the recipe over on her blog Oven Love. Be sure to make these some time...they won't last long in your house!

Take Care,
Tania
Love Big, Bake Often



5 comments:

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Wow, those pretzels look professional! Great job with the yeast monster. You'll be turning out breads by the dozen before you know it...

Anonymous said...

Those look great! It's always exciting to make something that even a picky eater can get excited about :)

Jamie said...

Mmmm... reminds me of the good old days in Germany, buying Brezeln from the baker's truck during recess...

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

I loved this month's PMOW challenge... Your pretzels look absolutely beautiful! Great job!

Di said...

Those look great! I think I'm going to add these to the list of things to try for Brianna's lunchbox.