Friday, August 7, 2009

Where did the time go…

I cannot believe that my Jakob is going to school!  At 4 1/2 he is still such little man, but such a BIG boy. I look at him and it seems like yesterday that he was just a baby.  I look at Aiden and I can remember Jakob at that age.  Where, oh where did the time go?  When did he become this independent little monster who barely looks back to see if I am leaving? Who says that I can go now, that he is fine?  On the other hand, do I really want to be the parent with the kid melting down on the floor, weeping and wailing for his mother?  No, thanks!  I’m good.  But I wouldn’t have minded if he’d hugged me a little longer, wanted me to stay another minute or two….

I know that he will have a wonderful day getting to know the routine, his teachers, and making all kinds of new friends.  And he was also very proud to be going with a blanket made by Mama, and his new Transformers lunch box!  Very cute.

Aiden and I are hanging out in a very quiet house….Aiden is walking around looking for him mumbling “where is he?”  as if they are playing hide n’ seek!  Going to be an adjustment for us all.

Here are some pics of the new School Boy!  He is so proud of himself!

first day of school 015

first day of school 021

At school having breakfast…

first day of school 024

 

Hope everyone else has a good first day of school…whenever that may be!

Take Care,

Tania

Love Big, Bake Often

9 comments:

April said...

He is now a little man! He will change so much this year. My middle son is starting middle school and I know he will change too. It saddens me. The time does fly by!

The Food Librarian said...

So cute! He looks like he is very ready for school!

Team Wallace said...

He looks so happy with his school bag on his shoulders! So glad you posted the pictures.

Jamie said...

I hear you, hon, as you know. Enjoy tonight, when he can't stop talking about it. Even if it means you cry a little more after he goes to bed. Or, at least, I did.

Pamela said...

What an exciting time for everyone. Sad for your little guy that Jakob is going to school. It will take some adjusting, I'm sure.
Just yesterday, I was in the shower and Vincent came into use the bathroom. I peeked out and saw him standing there peeing. I thought, who is this big kid and what happened to my baby?! Time does fly, sadly. Thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures!

Di said...

So true--where does the time go? Brianna starts 1st grade in a couple of weeks. Great pictures!

Jen H said...

So adorable!!

Anonymous said...

This is really intегestіng,
Yοu're a very skilled blogger. I'νe joined your feeԁ and lоok fοrwaгԁ to seekіng more of
your grеаt ρost. Alsо, Ӏ have ѕhared yοur ѕіtе in my sοcіal netωorkѕ!



Ϻy wеblog ... oklahoma city roofers
My website :: oklahoma city roofing company

Anonymous said...

Yоu've made some really good points there. I checked on the internet for additional information about the issue and found most people will go along with your views on this website.

My weblog ... how to flip cars at an auction