Friday, April 24, 2009

Fixation Friday meets Cheesecake!

Nutella Marble Cheesecake!


I have always loved Nutella! It has been a staple in my married household. Though I can't really remember having it too much growing up. It was more of a treat for us when we were young, probably one of those things you beg your mother to buy while you are out grocery shopping together. I remember being preggers with Jakob and craving it bad! We ended up buying the big container of it because we were going through it so much. I was loving having a slice of lightly (had to be lightly) toasted WONDER BREAD(!!!) slathered with Nutella. That chocolate hazelnut goodness! Jakob would kick inside me with absolute approval of Mama's snack! I ate it with Aiden in my belly too, but not like I did with Jake. Jakob and I had many similar cravings for chocolate, coke, and really bad for you stuff. I think I ate a lot better with Aiden - not so much junk food.

So today for fixation Friday I bring you Nutella Marble Cheesecake! Jason has been asking when I would make another cheesecake as he dreams of the cheesecake I made for Easter. So I quartered Dorie's Tall and Creamy Cheesecake and made two 4 inch mini cheesecakes. I heated up some Nutella to thin it out and swirled it into the creamy vanilla cheesecake batter. It was so easy. And it smells so yummy. Jason and I are looking forward to enjoying it with some more wine tonight after the little men have rested their weary heads. It has been a busy and fun day today. Daddy was home for the day so lots of playing and fun to be had.




Hope everyone gets their "fixation" this Friday, whatever that may be.....leave me a comment and let me know what that is.....
Take care,
Tania
Love Big, Bake Often

6 comments:

Rachelle S said...

Hi Tania! My Adopt A Blogger buddy! It's nice to meet you (and your boys). Everything looks great, the Popsicles, the nutella cheesecake...ooh and that baked oatmeal! Wow!
I look forward to getting to know you, and helping you out with whatever for your blog. Feel free to follow along with me where ever I am (see about me pg).

~Rachelle @ "Mommy? I'm Hungry!"

Maria said...

I love Nutella, the swirl looks so good!

Katie @ goodLife {eats} said...

That looks awesome! Do you know if nutella is processed with peanuts? My son is allergic to peanuts, so a lot of nut butters are off limits in our house.

Jen H said...

Looks sooooo good! Mail some up my way please!

Brenda Campbell said...

I wish I had some of that in my fridge too, it looks fantastic!! I will have to try it, the swirls maybe won't show my cracks I always get in my cheesecakes LOL

KELLY said...

"Looks awesome," she thinks as she eyes the jar of Nutella on the counter.