Tuesday, April 7, 2009

YWPWT meets TWD

Let me start off by saying that I don't "do" bananas. I like the flavor just fine, but the texture really grosses me out. I can't peel and bite into a banana, I don't like banana pudding, or banana cream pie. (I do like banana bread - no chunks please) So when I saw that this weeks Tuesday's with Dorie was Banana Cream Pie I knew that there would have to be something else baking in my kitchen again. I am so sorry my TWD friends....I just couldn't do it. But hop over to Sing for Your Supper, Amy has Dorie's recipe for the pie there.
Side note: after reading and seeing the pics of all the other TWDr's pies I think the boys really would have loved it! Sorry Boys!


I have had pies on my brain for awhile to come up with my submission for this month's You Want Pies with That? This month's theme is Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous, chosen by Jacque & Natashya.


And so I give you.........
Joaquin Phoenix's Cuckoo Coconut Custard Cream Pie!








It is a delicious graham cracker crust, filled with thick and creamy toasted coconut custard, and topped with a vanilla rum whipped cream. And it is divine - I only ate half of one, but I could have eaten all four! But then I wouldn't be able to sit up and type this! Not good!

I cannot wait to submit this as my contribution. It came to me in a dream, as most of my great ideas do, and I was giddy about it. I hope you think I am as clever as I do!! Toot, toot...that's my own horn you hear!

I am going to make next weeks TWD for sure, I promise, no matter what.

Until then,

Take Care, Tania

Love Big, Bake Often

9 comments:

Alpineberry Mary said...

Sometimes the best ideas come to you while dreaming. Your coconut pie is definitely dreamy.

Team Wallace said...

My goodness! Sewing, baking, volunteering for the FRG, raising 2 boys...don't you sleep??? Let me know your secret - right now coffee and diet coke are my fuel.

Jen H said...

Your pie title totally made me laugh and as I love coconut cream pie I want to eat it too!

doughmesstic said...

Oh, that cracked me right UP! That Joaquin is one nutty fella - too funny!

Marilla @ Cupcake Rehab said...

I'm totally with you on the banana thing. I like it in banana bread, I like the flavor... but I can't eat it straight up or have chunks of it. Ewe.

And thats an awesome pie!!

suz said...

Yep, he's definitely gone nuts for sure. Beautiful pie!

Sara said...

Yum, this looks SO delicious! I love that you put rum in the whipped cream. :)

Madam Chow said...

It looks great! This week on TWD we're doing chocolate, and I'm sure you "do" that! ;)

Libby said...

I love the graham cracker crust in a tart pan. I'm so stealing that idea! Libby