Friday, April 17, 2009

Not quite baking!

I am not sure if you can call making Rice Krispie Treats baking! But that is what I did today. We were having company today. Jakob's little friend Phoenix was coming over to play. Phoenix and Jakob met in swimming class. Phoenix's mother had a doctor's appt and rather than have to take him with her, I offered to watch him for her. That way the boys would get a chance to hang out....and she would owe me one!! Smart, right? I have been needing someone to watch the boys while I go to the dentist and haven't felt comfortable asking anyone for such a favor. So Jamie and I talked about it and we are going to be there for each other and swap off for appts and dates. Jason and I might get to go out for our birthdays in a couple of weeks! The only downfall to today's visit was the timing - right at nap time. So no nap for Jakob (he does fine without one) and a short one for Aiden (we will see tonight what that will cost us!).

Back to the treats. I didn't have time to do any serious baking before he arrived, and I like to have treats for my visitors....so I made some Rice Krispie Treats! Not technically baking....but they are so tasty and kids love them. The boys ate their treats with some vanilla milk after running around outside for over an hour. Good fun. Such a beautiful day today....sunny, warm and just the perfect breeze. And then they played Playdoh for over an hour....awesome!

Thank goodness for easy treats and beautiful days.....and well behaved boys!

Hope you all had a good day!

Take care,
Tania
Love Big, Bake Often

No comments: